The NIKE HYPERDUNK 2015 is the brand’s latest basketball silhouette and takes inspiration from the legendary NIKE MAG.
Leo Chang, designer of the KD line, has designed a shoe that offers the brand’s latest technology and wrapped it all up in a silhouette with a futuristic feel. The Mag inspired the extended collar height and minimalist upper with reduced layers for a shoe that feels like a high-top, but performs more like a low-top. The amount of technology included in this latest shoe is impressive:
1. Hyperfuse construction fuses lightweight textile with support skins to create a seamless, one-piece upper for lightweight durability and support.
2. Flexible collar foam helps lock the foot in place, providing the support of a high-top with the feel of a low-top.
3. Internal bootie construction features mesh and foam, which stretch and conform to the foot for a snug, comfortable fit.
4. Nike Flywire technology wraps the foot for a dynamic feel and lockdown support perfected for basketball. Moulded channels allow the Flywire cables to loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot.
Those who play basketball know that traction is extremely important, so it’s not just the upper that has been packed with technology – the sole has been carefully considered as well:
1. Herringbone pattern refined to enhance tackiness and grip, while delivering durability and traction for an array of court surfaces.
2. Outsole design wraps up the shoe’s sidewall to enhance stability and support in the mid-foot area.
3. Outsole material reduction at the heel to minimize weight and reveal the Zoom Air cushioning inside.
These may not be Jordans, but we can definitely see these as being popular on the courts.
The NIKE HYPERDUNK 2015 is set to drop in six key colourways starting in July. Make sure to keep checking back with us for updates.
Source: MODERN NOTORIETY
© 2024 The Drop Date — All rights reserved